Saturday, October 1, 2011

MarMade in Halifax

Heya.

I'm here. Finally. And it feels good.

Let me tell you why:

(a) I have returned to Nova Scotia after 8 long years in Toronto and have re-discovered how beautiful the province and how wonderful my family and friends.
(b) I have met delightful people, artists in all senses, who make me feel that I have made the right decision in returning and putting my creative energy into full force.
(c) I am so inspired it hurts.

The whole blog realm has been lost to me of late. My last blog "No More Toxic Village" was a way for me to express my move from small town to big city and lost its pogniancy early in 2007. I like that it still exists albeit in hibernation and I'm now back where I started from.

I start to move my stuff to Halifax into a darling apartment with a darling friend Sunday and will continue the process calmly and gradually for the next week or so. I am so lucky that this move can unfold slowly and simply, a complete change from my chaotic and sporadic life of a few short months ago.

My goal is for this to be a place to wax poetic about Halifax and the glorious people I meet and spend time with as well as a link to my creative pursuits. I have some great stuff to share:

- My Etsy shop of the same name will be up and running soon with handmade accessories and other cool stuff.

- I'll also include insights into current writing projects with excerpts from my latest collection in draft (temporary title: This is where we live - stories from the neighbourhood.)

- I am also working on a movie (draft title: Trailer Trash - put it in the bin, an amateur horror flick to be filmed in Masstown, NS and Upper Stewiacke, NS) with some great people, script to be sent out soon!

So I'll see ya later. We'll have coffee sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment